Current Career Opportunities
Banks Academy Principal
Banks Academy is a 6 year old private non-denominational Christian High School in East Lake area of Birmingham serving underprivileged students who are zoned for failing high schools. Our mission is to develop students in mind, body, and spirit developing them in skills and character to successfully take them to their next stage of life benefiting them, their families, and the Birmingham community. Banks Academy is growing and plans to add a technical/trade curriculum to meet student interest and local business community needs. Banks Academy has a 100% graduation rate with 70% of the students going on to college. Banks Academy was founded by several Banks High School graduates and friends of the East Lake community. Banks Academy is ACSI and HigherEd accredited.
Banks Academy is seeking a High School principal.
- Supervise and facilitate the daily operations of the school.
- Teacher development
- Implementing academic goals and curricula
- Managing the budget and allocating financial resources
- Work with Dean of Students to support school discipline and character development
- Meet with parents, board members, donors, and partners
- Participate in board meetings
- Help develop the technical/trade school
- Maintaining ACSI and HigherEd accreditation and personally obtaining ACSI Standard or Professional Certificate
- Lead, model and support the teaching of Christian beliefs
- Masters degree or PhD in education related field
- Strong leadership, time management, decision-making, interpersonal and communication skills
- Professing and practicing faith in Jesus Christ and an active member of a church
- Ability to goal set and adapt to a rapidly growing school
- Experience working with under-privileged youth a plus
- Experience with accreditation
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Good communicator in verbal and written form
- Patient, passionate, and a kind demeanor
Please send CV/Resume and cover letter to Bill Hart firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any questions, call Bill at 205-862-0560
Part Time Development Admin and Bookkeeper
Banks Academy is a private Christian High School in East Lake area of Birmingham serving underprivileged students who are zoned for failing high schools. Our mission is to develop students in mind, body, and spirit developing in them skills and character to successfully take them to their next stage of life benefiting them, their families, and the Birmingham community.
Banks Academy is seeking a part-time (25-30 hours/week) administrative assistant to provide bookkeeping and to support the development department.
- Posting financial transactions into Sage or Quickbooks
- Provide monthly financial summary
- Collecting tuition from parents
- Learning donor management system
- Utilizing donor management software
- (DMS) to create donor receipt letters
- Updating donor interactions in DMS
- Working with Director of Development on communications such as email blasts or mail outs
- Basic Social media skills – weekly update on Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn on happenings at the school
- Planning/coordinating fundraising events such as lunches, sporting clays, golf, etc.
- Hours are 9-2:30 each day working at the school. Helping with donor events after hours is required 1-2 times a month. Medical benefits available.
- Experience in bookkeeping
- Experience in administrative tasks
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to learn new software (DMS) through online tutorials and videos
Able to multi-task, prioritize work under pressure, and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate clearly and confidently, especially when collecting tuition.
- Great interpersonal and customer service skills – comfortable with communication via phone, email or in-person with donors, parents, and students
- Social media experience a plus
For more information or to apply, please contact Bill Hart email@example.com