Dress Code 2021-22
Parents should familiarize themselves with the dress code policy of Banks Academy and ensure that their children are appropriately dressed in the required attire specified in this Code of Student Conduct.
Please note we are requiring each student to be outfitted with our new short sleeve shirts. We will provide (3) short sleeve Shirts, Red, Blue, and White that will need to be purchased from Banks Academy. All shirts will have our Banks Academy Crest embroidered on it and will cost $20 each. Therefore, each student will be required to pay $60 to receive the three shirts. You may pay online on the Make A Payment tab or bring a money order of $60 to the School. It will be the responsibility of each family to provide the pants and skirts with the colors of either Khaki or black. Our young ladies can wear pants or skirts.
- Sweat pants, jogging pants, athletic shorts, and sweat suits are not permitted.
- Clothing shall not be worn in such a way as to be a disruption to the school environment or a safety concern.
- Shoes appropriate to the school setting must be worn at all times. No beach/shower style flip-flops, house slippers, or shoes equipped with skates are permitted.
- Hats, sunglasses, caps, and hoods shall not be worn at any time inside the building unless otherwise designated by the school administrator. Cases with extenuating circumstances are handled by the principal on an individual basis. (Examples of this would be children with hair loss from chemotherapy or recovering from surgical procedures having required the head to be shaved).
- Gender specific underclothing must be worn and not visible.
- Trench coats, overcoats, or other large bulky coats shall not be worn during the school day and shall be placed in lockers at the beginning of the school day.
- You are asked to cooperate with the dress code guidelines since it can be inconvenient and upsetting for you to be sent home to change. It also upsets the educational climate of which we are all a part. This is another way you can make school a positive experience.
- Any student who fails to dress appropriately will not be allowed to attend class until proper clothes can be secured. If necessary, parents will be called to bring proper clothes to school. Until proper clothing can be secured, the student will be isolated and will be responsible for all class work missed.
- Any student requiring a book bag with rollers must provide proper medical documentation to the principal.
The school administrator determines what is and what is not appropriate for the school setting.