Learn how your State tax liability can Provide Scholarships!
Through the Alabama Accountability Act, up to 100% of your Alabama income tax liability can go towards providing scholarships to our qualified students at Banks Academy.
We can probably agree that there needs to be a better way for students to be educated in the City of Birmingham. The AAA legislation allows someone like you to take ALL of what you are required to pay in Alabama Income tax and send it to Scholarships for Kids. (The law allows for up to $100,000 for individuals and Pass Through Entities such as LLCs. There is no maximum if a C Corporation.) Once the money is received by SFK, Banks Academy can apply for those funds to be used to pay for our student’s tuition. Hence, the student receives a scholarship to pay for their education. (See steps below)
- Go to myalabamataxes.alabama.gov
- If you have never created a log in, click on Register Here. You will need last year’s Alabama AGI.
(If you know what you paid last year in Alabama Income tax, then you will have an idea of what amount you can send to Scholarships for Kids. 100% of last year’s Alabama income tax)
- Choose a user name and password (Save this for each year)
- Enter your personal information
- Choose whether to allow your accountant to have access
- You will receive a confirmation email in setting up your account with an authorization code.
- You now go back to www.myalabamataxes.alabama.gov
And sign in with your created log in and password AND you will be prompted to enter the authorization code that was sent via email.
- You can now click on DONATE TO SGO from the menu on the right side.
- Enter your personal information and Select Scholarships for Kids. Then enter the amount of the check you will be sending.
- Print the confirmation screen and send the check immediately. You may write the confirmation # on the check.
- Include a sticky note on the check that you are wanting to help Banks Academy.
And if you will send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate you are sending money to Scholarships for Kids, then we will be able to thank you)
Call Bill Hart at 205-862-0560 for any questions or help.